Monday 16 January 2012

Heavenly Realms

Ephesians 2:1-7

1As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.”

So let me work through this….

We were dead….which would mean trapped in the hands of satan. Living in his abode, with his problems, his character, his traits and his destiny. Maybe you still are dead and didn’t know it.

Since we all have lived in that place because we all know the cravings of a sinful life. We know the temptations and how satan will never show or reveal the after effects of our actions. He is set on keeping you blinded so that you die along with him. Let that last line sink in.

But check it – Jesus takes the wrath of it all on himself to relieve the chains holding me and you and revealing satans tactics. You really think satan cares for you? Think again. God loves you. So I’m saved because we have such a gracious Papa (God). Come on.

What blew me away was this …..

 “He (God) made us ALIVE with Christ (Jesus) even when we were dead in transgressions, and….raised us up with Christ (Jesus) and seated us with Him in the HEAVENLY REALMS.”

I’m no longer dead, living in satans abode. But alive and seated in the HEAVENLY REALMS. No longer do I sit in the curses and destiny of satan, but im seated in a place of grace, mercy, forgiveness, love, life, healing, blessing, abundance, favor, honor and (this is the most incredible part) it’s for me, for you right NOW! I’m seated NOW in a heavenly place because Jesus is in my life! Which means right now…

I have love

I have grace

I have favor

I have blessing

I have abundance

I have life

I’m seated in the heavenly realms and God’s Kingdom surrounds me, disperses from me, it’s what I crave, it’s everything I need, He sustains me, uplifts me, I could go on and on!

What I want you to grab is that you can reside either in satans realm or a Holy heavenly realm. One is death in itself….the other….Holiness and Life.

Where do you reside?

No comments:

Post a Comment